Hours & Information
Norman B. Leventhal Park is situated in Post Office Square, in the heart of Boston’s Financial District. The Park is bounded by Franklin Street, Pearl Street, Milk Street and Congress Street. It is open to the public every day, from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Management may close the Park when conditions are considered unsafe for patrons as a result of weather or necessary maintenance.
The Park is accessible via MBTA. Take the Orange Line to State or Downtown Crossing; the Red Line to Downtown Crossing, or the Silver Line or Commuter Rail to South Station.
Although we are a private park, we support the Boston Parks Commission’s ban on smoking in Boston’s public parks, playgrounds and beaches. For the health of our staff and visitors, and for the cleanliness of our Park, our Park is now designated as a smoke-free place.
You are welcome…
- to walk through the Park any time of day or night
- to spend time in the Park during posted hours
- to use open areas, including the lawn
- to enjoy the gardens without entering flowerbeds or picking flowers
- to sit and relax on a bench, the fountain seatwall or the seat cushions
- to deposit waste in trash receptacles
To protect the plants, artwork, and structures, and to ensure public safety and the enjoyment of the Park for all its users, Friends of Post Office Square, in cooperation with the Boston Park Rangers of the Boston Parks and Recreation Department, ask that you please observe the following rules:
- No smoking
- No motor vehicles (including scooters and hoverboards)
- No bicycles (walking through permitted)
- No destroying or removing plant material
- No destroying or defacing Park property
- No climbing on trees, fountains or structures
- No alcoholic beverages
- No skateboards or rollerskating
- No ball playing or Frisbee
- No sleeping
- No dogs (except leashed service dogs)
- No solicitation or vending
- No littering
- No bathing
- No amplified sound
- No conduct unreasonably disturbing to other park visitors
- No playing of musical instruments
All visitors are requested to follow these regulations, as well as any lawful instructions issued by the Park Staff.